‘Local girl’ Lucy opens salon in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
A hairdresser who learned to snip and style in Sidmouth’s salons is setting out on her own with her first business.
Lucy Retter has been hard at work putting her mark on what was Sporting Images and will celebrate the grand opening of The Hair Hub tomorrow (Saturday).
The 34-year-old trained at the Hair Loft and went on to manage the Hair Temple before teaching the trade at Exeter College.
Now back in the town where she was born and bred, mum-of-one Lucy said: “I’m really excited to be back – I’ve been here 24-seven getting it ready and it’s all paying off.
“I’ll be renting a chair to a friend and hope to employ people in the future. I’m going to build up the business first. “I’m really excited to see some of my old customers.”
You may also want to watch:
Lucy said her family has strong local links, especially to the rugby club, and many people will remember her late father, Geoff.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride