Localism event in Sidmouth
MEMBERS of voluntary organisations or community groups in the Sidmouth and Ottery areas have been invited to an event focusing on localism being organised by East Devon District Council (EDDC).
The authority wants to bring from such organisations together with town and parish councils to improve communications between voluntary and statutory sectors.
Representatives have been invited to an event at EDDC’s Kowle headquarters on Friday, December 2, from 9.30am to 2.45pm.
Attendees will find out more about Government’s localism agenda as well as significant health, well-being and welfare reforms that are happening nationwide - with particular reference to East Devon.
Guest speakers include Locality, the UK’s leading network for community organisations, East Devon Citizens’ Advice Bureau and NHS Devon.
You may also want to watch:
Those who attend will also have an opportunity to suggest changes to what EDDC plans to do over the next four years in its draft plans for housing and communities, economy, and environment.
Places are limited to one per organisation or group and must be booked in advance. To find out more e-mail email@example.com, or phone (01395) 517569 before Friday (November 25).
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses