Localism event in Sidmouth
MEMBERS of voluntary organisations or community groups in the Sidmouth and Ottery areas have been invited to an event focusing on localism being organised by East Devon District Council (EDDC).
The authority wants to bring from such organisations together with town and parish councils to improve communications between voluntary and statutory sectors.
Representatives have been invited to an event at EDDC’s Kowle headquarters on Friday, December 2, from 9.30am to 2.45pm.
Attendees will find out more about Government’s localism agenda as well as significant health, well-being and welfare reforms that are happening nationwide - with particular reference to East Devon.
Guest speakers include Locality, the UK’s leading network for community organisations, East Devon Citizens’ Advice Bureau and NHS Devon.
You may also want to watch:
Those who attend will also have an opportunity to suggest changes to what EDDC plans to do over the next four years in its draft plans for housing and communities, economy, and environment.
Places are limited to one per organisation or group and must be booked in advance. To find out more e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone (01395) 517569 before Friday (November 25).
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman