Locals asked what sport they want in Branscombe
Branscombe residents are being asked to come forward and say what leisure and sport facilities they would like to see in their village.
Leisure East Devon want the opinions of people aged between five and 95 to understand what the community wants.
The group say the project is about getting rural communities active, and bringing the village together in a social environment.
The ‘Active Villages’ programme is funded through Sport England, and is being delivered locally by Leisure East Devon.
There will also be an opportunity Branscombe residents to work for free alongside qualified leaders and instructors.
You may also want to watch:
They can then work towards the training to themselves to become a group leader and enable the activities in their community to continue.
To let them know the type of physical activities you would like to do contact Jane Sharp on 01404 814317, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 6 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 7 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 8 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action