Long-awaited work to shut Sidmouth road
LONG-awaited resurfacing work to a road in Sidmouth town-centre in March will leave it shut over three Sundays.
LONG-awaited resurfacing work to roads in Sidmouth town-centre in March will leave a jugular route shut over three Sundays.
Vicarage Road will be closed from 8am to 6pm on March 6, 13 and 27.
Councillor Stuart Hughes, county council cabinet member for highways and transportation, revealed this week: “The whole section of highway is being resurfaced from Winslade Road to the post office and along All Saints Road.”
The closure move, in the context of months of road works, attracted some criticism at a full meeting of Sidmouth Town Council on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Simon Pollentine, who runs a town business, said: “There are people who are busier on Saturdays and Sundays. It’s unfortunate you’ve not been able to drive down the middle of the town unmolested for five months.
“I know it has to be done, but it does make you angry.”
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 East Devon author launches satirical book
- 4 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 5 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 8 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 9 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 10 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI