Long-awaited work to shut Sidmouth road
LONG-awaited resurfacing work to a road in Sidmouth town-centre in March will leave it shut over three Sundays.
LONG-awaited resurfacing work to roads in Sidmouth town-centre in March will leave a jugular route shut over three Sundays.
Vicarage Road will be closed from 8am to 6pm on March 6, 13 and 27.
Councillor Stuart Hughes, county council cabinet member for highways and transportation, revealed this week: “The whole section of highway is being resurfaced from Winslade Road to the post office and along All Saints Road.”
The closure move, in the context of months of road works, attracted some criticism at a full meeting of Sidmouth Town Council on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Simon Pollentine, who runs a town business, said: “There are people who are busier on Saturdays and Sundays. It’s unfortunate you’ve not been able to drive down the middle of the town unmolested for five months.
“I know it has to be done, but it does make you angry.”
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 9 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 10 New team on frontline for mental health care and support