Lord Mayor invites all to Remembrance Service
THE Lord Mayor of Exeter, Councillor John Winterbottom, has welcomed anyone to attend a Remembrance Sunday Service at the city s war memorial at Northernhay Gardens on Sunday, November 8 at 10.50am
THE Lord Mayor of Exeter, Councillor John Winterbottom, has welcomed anyone to attend a Remembrance Sunday Service at the city's war memorial at Northernhay Gardens on Sunday, November 8 at 10.50am
The Lord Mayor's Chaplain will conduct the service, and Exeter Salvation Army Band will provide music.
More than 20 ex-service units and other local associations will be represented around the war memorial carrying standards and laying wreaths.
A parade commander from The Rifles will provide a military attendance and a bugler will play Reveille and Last Post.
You may also want to watch:
Representatives from 243 (The Wessex) Field Hospital and The Royal Marines will also attend.
The Lord Mayor will be joined in the act of remembrance by the City Recorder, City Councillors, Honorary Aldermen, and Giles Chichester MEP, together with representatives from the Fire Service, Police, Sea Cadets, Air Cadets and University.
- 1 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
Service sheets will be handed out by the council's community patrollers and people are welcome to lay poppies or wreaths and will be shown where to stand.