Lord Mayor invites all to Remembrance Service
THE Lord Mayor of Exeter, Councillor John Winterbottom, has welcomed anyone to attend a Remembrance Sunday Service at the city s war memorial at Northernhay Gardens on Sunday, November 8 at 10.50am
THE Lord Mayor of Exeter, Councillor John Winterbottom, has welcomed anyone to attend a Remembrance Sunday Service at the city's war memorial at Northernhay Gardens on Sunday, November 8 at 10.50am
The Lord Mayor's Chaplain will conduct the service, and Exeter Salvation Army Band will provide music.
More than 20 ex-service units and other local associations will be represented around the war memorial carrying standards and laying wreaths.
A parade commander from The Rifles will provide a military attendance and a bugler will play Reveille and Last Post.
You may also want to watch:
Representatives from 243 (The Wessex) Field Hospital and The Royal Marines will also attend.
The Lord Mayor will be joined in the act of remembrance by the City Recorder, City Councillors, Honorary Aldermen, and Giles Chichester MEP, together with representatives from the Fire Service, Police, Sea Cadets, Air Cadets and University.
- 1 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 8 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
Service sheets will be handed out by the council's community patrollers and people are welcome to lay poppies or wreaths and will be shown where to stand.