Lord Mayor invites all to Remembrance Service
THE Lord Mayor of Exeter, Councillor John Winterbottom, has welcomed anyone to attend a Remembrance Sunday Service at the city s war memorial at Northernhay Gardens on Sunday, November 8 at 10.50am
THE Lord Mayor of Exeter, Councillor John Winterbottom, has welcomed anyone to attend a Remembrance Sunday Service at the city's war memorial at Northernhay Gardens on Sunday, November 8 at 10.50am
The Lord Mayor's Chaplain will conduct the service, and Exeter Salvation Army Band will provide music.
More than 20 ex-service units and other local associations will be represented around the war memorial carrying standards and laying wreaths.
A parade commander from The Rifles will provide a military attendance and a bugler will play Reveille and Last Post.
You may also want to watch:
Representatives from 243 (The Wessex) Field Hospital and The Royal Marines will also attend.
The Lord Mayor will be joined in the act of remembrance by the City Recorder, City Councillors, Honorary Aldermen, and Giles Chichester MEP, together with representatives from the Fire Service, Police, Sea Cadets, Air Cadets and University.
- 1 Review: Two rising stars shine bright in Sidmouth
- 2 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 3 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 4 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 5 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays
- 6 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 7 Supermarket makes a super gesture to help community food charity
- 8 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 9 Important not to let celebrations get out of hand
- 10 Property of the Week: Green Gables
Service sheets will be handed out by the council's community patrollers and people are welcome to lay poppies or wreaths and will be shown where to stand.