Lord Mayor welcomes all to city's Remembrance Sunday service
THE Lord Mayor of Exeter, Councillor John Winterbottom, has welcomed anyone to attend a Remembrance Sunday Service at the city s war memorial at Northernhay Gardens on Sunday, November 8 at 10.50am
THE Lord Mayor of Exeter, Councillor John Winterbottom, has welcomed anyone to attend a Remembrance Sunday Service at the city's war memorial at Northernhay Gardens on Sunday, November 8 at 10.50am
The Lord Mayor's Chaplain will conduct the service, and Exeter Salvation Army Band will provide music.
More than 20 ex-service units and other local associations will be represented around the war memorial carrying standards and laying wreaths.
A parade commander from The Rifles will provide a military attendance and a bugler will play Reveille and Last Post.
You may also want to watch:
Representatives from 243 (The Wessex) Field Hospital and The Royal Marines will also attend.
The Lord Mayor will be joined in the act of remembrance by the City Recorder, City Councillors, Honorary Aldermen, and Giles Chichester MEP, together with representatives from the Fire Service, Police, Sea Cadets, Air Cadets and University.
- 1 Church hosts first wedding since before lockdown
- 2 Plea for collectors to support town's air show
- 3 East Devon's first zero-emission hire car now on the road
- 4 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 5 Wars of the Roses and end of the medieval era
- 6 Official accreditation for Sidmouth Vikings
- 7 Urgent action sought to improve Four Elms Hill road safety
- 8 Art society gear up for return of exhibition
- 9 Sidmouth bowlers suffer Madeira defeat
- 10 Public open gardens event cancelled due to Covid
Service sheets will be handed out by the council's community patrollers and people are welcome to lay poppies or wreaths and will be shown where to stand.