Lord Mayor welcomes all to city's Remembrance Sunday service
THE Lord Mayor of Exeter, Councillor John Winterbottom, has welcomed anyone to attend a Remembrance Sunday Service at the city s war memorial at Northernhay Gardens on Sunday, November 8 at 10.50am
THE Lord Mayor of Exeter, Councillor John Winterbottom, has welcomed anyone to attend a Remembrance Sunday Service at the city's war memorial at Northernhay Gardens on Sunday, November 8 at 10.50am
The Lord Mayor's Chaplain will conduct the service, and Exeter Salvation Army Band will provide music.
More than 20 ex-service units and other local associations will be represented around the war memorial carrying standards and laying wreaths.
A parade commander from The Rifles will provide a military attendance and a bugler will play Reveille and Last Post.
You may also want to watch:
Representatives from 243 (The Wessex) Field Hospital and The Royal Marines will also attend.
The Lord Mayor will be joined in the act of remembrance by the City Recorder, City Councillors, Honorary Aldermen, and Giles Chichester MEP, together with representatives from the Fire Service, Police, Sea Cadets, Air Cadets and University.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 The more we work together the better it will be
- 6 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 10 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
Service sheets will be handed out by the council's community patrollers and people are welcome to lay poppies or wreaths and will be shown where to stand.