Lorry left Sidmouth lane blocked
Wrong turn leads to two hour delay
A WroNG turn left a foreign lorry driver and his huge vehicle stuck in a Sidmouth country lane on Wednesday.
It took police more than two hours to help free the lorry from a tight stretch of road in Salcombe Regis.
Sergeant Andy Turner said its Polish driver took a wrong turn while delivering its load to Trow Farm.
Officers then struggled to communicate with the man as he did not speak English. The lorry became stuck in a lane between the Donkey Sanctuary and its destination - leaving the road completely blocked.
You may also want to watch:
The incident was reported to police at around 9.50am. The vehicle remained in situ until around midday.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 8 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
- 9 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 10 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots