Lots on offer at Sidmouth Amateur Dramatic Society open day
Sidmouth Amateur Dramatic Society (SADS) is promising an open day not to miss tomorrow (Saturday, July 20).
The event will take place at the group’s HQ in The Byes from 10am to 4pm.
Members will be on hand to welcome residents who will have an opportunity to visit their extensive costume department.
The scenery store where SADS builds and paints all its own sets and makes props for its productions will also be on show.
The society also has an energetic and lively Junior Group - many of whom go on to perform in its productions at the Manor Pavilion Theatre.
You may also want to watch:
It also stages a variety of social events throughout the year.
“Whether you already have an interest in drama or it is a new venture for you we hope that you will come and meet us and have a chat,” said SADS spokesperson.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
“Our October production is Calendar Girls and although the play has now been cast there are plenty of front of house and back stage jobs still to be allocated to make the whole show go with a swing.
“Our panto this year is Aladdin, so plenty of scope there if you wish to be involved in some way.”