Lots on offer at Sidmouth Amateur Dramatic Society open day
Sidmouth Amateur Dramatic Society (SADS) is promising an open day not to miss tomorrow (Saturday, July 20).
The event will take place at the group’s HQ in The Byes from 10am to 4pm.
Members will be on hand to welcome residents who will have an opportunity to visit their extensive costume department.
The scenery store where SADS builds and paints all its own sets and makes props for its productions will also be on show.
The society also has an energetic and lively Junior Group - many of whom go on to perform in its productions at the Manor Pavilion Theatre.
You may also want to watch:
It also stages a variety of social events throughout the year.
“Whether you already have an interest in drama or it is a new venture for you we hope that you will come and meet us and have a chat,” said SADS spokesperson.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop
“Our October production is Calendar Girls and although the play has now been cast there are plenty of front of house and back stage jobs still to be allocated to make the whole show go with a swing.
“Our panto this year is Aladdin, so plenty of scope there if you wish to be involved in some way.”