National retailers quash rumours about opening in Sidmouth
- Credit: Picture: Terry Ife
Two national chains have said there are no plans to open in the town.
A pair of retail giants has quashed rumours of setting up shop in Sidmouth.
Both Marks and Spencers and Superdrug have ruled out any plans to set up a food hall or beauty store at this time.
With a number of buildings available for new businesses in the town, there has been talk that both companies may have had their eyes on coming to Sidmouth.
Confirmed to be coming into town is Crystals, which will look to bring the sparkle when it opens in the former Sidmouth Wine Shop.
You may also want to watch:
Crystals (UK) ltd has announced its arrival with signs in the shop window looking for staff.
The business sells crystals, minerals, fossils and semi precious gemstones and has more than 25 stores throughout the South and West of England including Exeter and Lyme Regis.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 New exhibition features Sidmouth view
The former Pure Indulgence shop has now reopened as an independent clothing boutique called Flaunt it.