National retailers quash rumours about opening in Sidmouth
- Credit: Picture: Terry Ife
Two national chains have said there are no plans to open in the town.
A pair of retail giants has quashed rumours of setting up shop in Sidmouth.
Both Marks and Spencers and Superdrug have ruled out any plans to set up a food hall or beauty store at this time.
With a number of buildings available for new businesses in the town, there has been talk that both companies may have had their eyes on coming to Sidmouth.
Confirmed to be coming into town is Crystals, which will look to bring the sparkle when it opens in the former Sidmouth Wine Shop.
Crystals (UK) ltd has announced its arrival with signs in the shop window looking for staff.
The business sells crystals, minerals, fossils and semi precious gemstones and has more than 25 stores throughout the South and West of England including Exeter and Lyme Regis.
- 1 Delays on Sidmouth road for Devon County Show
- 2 Man in court accused of torching Ottery woman's car
- 3 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 4 Play abour real life leaves audience filled with feel good laughter
- 5 Jubilee social evening engendered much interest, conversation and questions
- 6 Circus proposed for Sidmouth next year
- 7 Do you remember the general election of 1979?
- 8 Folk Festival gears up to bring Sidmouth to life with music
- 9 The week that was in Sidmouth - fuel station changes and national TV exposure
- 10 Church flower festival flourishes again after two 'lost' years
The former Pure Indulgence shop has now reopened as an independent clothing boutique called Flaunt it.