M5 death pedestrian was Sidmouth man
BREAKING NEWS: Police name collision fatality as Thames Morrison Witkin, 69,
POLICE have this morning named the pedestrian who died following a road traffic collision on the M5 as Thames Morrison Witkin, 69, from Sidmouth.
Mr Witkin was involved in a collision with a lorry between junction 30 and 31 of the motorway, near Exeter, at around 11am on Friday (March 9).
Police said the incident involved a pedestrian and a DAF truck, articulated lorry and that a man was pronounced dead at the scene.
His next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the lorry was uninjured.
Lanes one and two of the northbound carriageway were closed while police collision investigators examined the scene.
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 7 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords
- 10 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
Lane three remained open but the incident caused major traffic tailbacks.
The road was fully open again at around 5.10pm.
Police have identified a number of witnesses to the incident but ask that if anyone else who witnessed the incident and have not yet made contact could they please contact the police on 101 quoting police reference number 206 090312.