M5 death pedestrian was Sidmouth man
BREAKING NEWS: Police name collision fatality as Thames Morrison Witkin, 69,
POLICE have this morning named the pedestrian who died following a road traffic collision on the M5 as Thames Morrison Witkin, 69, from Sidmouth.
Mr Witkin was involved in a collision with a lorry between junction 30 and 31 of the motorway, near Exeter, at around 11am on Friday (March 9).
Police said the incident involved a pedestrian and a DAF truck, articulated lorry and that a man was pronounced dead at the scene.
His next of kin have been informed.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the lorry was uninjured.
Lanes one and two of the northbound carriageway were closed while police collision investigators examined the scene.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 6 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
Lane three remained open but the incident caused major traffic tailbacks.
The road was fully open again at around 5.10pm.
Police have identified a number of witnesses to the incident but ask that if anyone else who witnessed the incident and have not yet made contact could they please contact the police on 101 quoting police reference number 206 090312.