M5 death pedestrian was Sidmouth man
BREAKING NEWS: Police name collision fatality as Thames Morrison Witkin, 69,
POLICE have this morning named the pedestrian who died following a road traffic collision on the M5 as Thames Morrison Witkin, 69, from Sidmouth.
Mr Witkin was involved in a collision with a lorry between junction 30 and 31 of the motorway, near Exeter, at around 11am on Friday (March 9).
Police said the incident involved a pedestrian and a DAF truck, articulated lorry and that a man was pronounced dead at the scene.
His next of kin have been informed.
The driver of the lorry was uninjured.
Lanes one and two of the northbound carriageway were closed while police collision investigators examined the scene.
- 1 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 2 Time to start preparing for potentially harsh winter
- 3 Residents plagued by aggressive rogue traders
- 4 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
- 5 Commonwealth Games work gives Sidmouth student 'amazing experience' of live TV
- 6 Post-lockdown images become public art on Sidmouth billboard
- 7 Decision on Straitgate's appeal funding deferred
- 8 Could Devon councils be set for unitary shake up?
- 9 Donkey Sanctuary to host event during local food festival
- 10 The last day of Sidmouth Folk Festival 2022
Lane three remained open but the incident caused major traffic tailbacks.
The road was fully open again at around 5.10pm.
Police have identified a number of witnesses to the incident but ask that if anyone else who witnessed the incident and have not yet made contact could they please contact the police on 101 quoting police reference number 206 090312.