Macmillan aims for more coffee hosts in Sidmouth
World’s Biggest Coffee Morning Macmillan fundraiser wants 1,000 hosts in East Devon for its centenary year
IN its centenary year, Macmillan Cancer Support hopes more than 1,000 hosts will hold a World’s Biggest Coffee Morning fundraiser this year.
At a recent planning meeting for the event, which will be held on Friday, September 30, Tricia Heard, Macmillan’s Sidmouth-based area chairman for East Devon, who hosted the meeting, said: “The charity has built up its senior volunteer capability in Exeter and East Devon, especially in the organisation of events and PR.
“To bring together some of our volunteers, including our county chairman at such an early stage in the planning of this year’s World’s Biggest Coffee Morning, has been most constructive, great fun and a great encouragement.”
It is the 21st anniversary of the charity’s coffee morning fundraiser and it wants to start recruiting hosts early. To take part and receive a free pack of materials call (0845) 602 1246.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Macmillan is backing National Volunteers Week this week (June 1-7), by paying tribute to the work done by local volunteers who help those affected by cancer.
*Macmillan’s volunteer vacancies are posted on its Devon website and the charity especially seeks a corporate ambassador to help develop mutually beneficial relationships with local companies.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 8 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
If you can help please contact Calvin Lovelock on (01803) 528004 or email email@example.com.