Macmillan Cancer Support receives £400 boost from Sidmouth Literary Festival
- Credit: Archant
Author and actress Maureen Lipman was the guest speaker and handed over the cheque to the charity.
Macmillan Cancer Support received a £400 boost after being presented with a cheque from acclaimed author and actress Maureen Lipman.
Maureen was visiting Sidmouth to give a talk at a fundraising lunch at the Sidholme Hotel and handed over the donation on behalf of the Sidmouth Literary Festival committee. Her late husband, the playwright Jack Rosenthal, died of cancer in 2004.
Speaking to the packed dinner hall, Ms Lipman said: “I’m very proud to present £400 to Macmillan. They will use every penny in the right way.”
The event was organised by the festival committee, with proceeds from it going towards the event in June and the cancer support group.
You may also want to watch:
The festival’s next event will be a two-course literary lunch with Sir Francis Chichester at Sidmouth Sailing Club on May 16.
Tickets are £25 and available from Winstone’s books and Sidmouth Library.
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 5 Property of the Week: Glebelands
- 6 Beer Albion celebrate football pitch funding success
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League results and fixtures
- 8 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 A couple of new starts for Ottery Bowling Club