Macmillan Cancer Support Sidmouth nets �14k in 2012!
Macmillan Cancer Support Sidmouth is celebrating raising �14,209 in 2012 – its best total for three years.
Fundraisers ended the year in style by netting more than �500 with an antiques Call My Bluff evening at Sidmouth Golf Club hosted by Bearnes, Hampton and Littlewood recently.
Joyce Burnham, chairman of Macmillan Cancer Support and its committee, thanked everyone who has supported the charity throughout 2012.
She said of the sterling cash total amassed: “This is the highest amount we have raised over the last three years, so our sincere and grateful thanks to everyone for their continued support.”
Joyce praised Hall and Scott Estate Agents and Coles newsagents for all their help.
You may also want to watch:
She added that Macmillan was looking forward to more support in 2013.
A quiz in aid of the charity will take place at Sidmouth Cricket Club on March 7.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98