Macmillan Cancer Support Sidmouth nets �14k in 2012!
Macmillan Cancer Support Sidmouth is celebrating raising �14,209 in 2012 – its best total for three years.
Fundraisers ended the year in style by netting more than �500 with an antiques Call My Bluff evening at Sidmouth Golf Club hosted by Bearnes, Hampton and Littlewood recently.
Joyce Burnham, chairman of Macmillan Cancer Support and its committee, thanked everyone who has supported the charity throughout 2012.
She said of the sterling cash total amassed: “This is the highest amount we have raised over the last three years, so our sincere and grateful thanks to everyone for their continued support.”
Joyce praised Hall and Scott Estate Agents and Coles newsagents for all their help.
You may also want to watch:
She added that Macmillan was looking forward to more support in 2013.
A quiz in aid of the charity will take place at Sidmouth Cricket Club on March 7.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 3 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 10 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show