Macmillan coffee fundraiser
RAISE your coffee mugs to a group of Sidmouth ladies who helped to raise £70 for Macmillan Cancer Support, in the World s Biggest Coffee Morning on Friday, September 26.
RAISE your coffee mugs to a group of Sidmouth ladies who helped to raise £70 for Macmillan Cancer Support, in the World's Biggest Coffee Morning on Friday, September 26.
Teas, coffees and a selection of delicious home-baked cakes were on the menu, courtesy of organiser Anna Bomford who hosted the event at her home in Alexandria Road.
Macmillan Cancer Support provides support to carers, families and communities, funding nurses and other specialist health care professionals, and builds cancer care centres.
It also provides practical, emotional, and financial help to improve the lives of the one in three people affected by cancer.
You may also want to watch:
Anna's family has directly benefited from the support of Macmillan nurses, who visited her grandmother regularly before she died of cancer, enabling her to stay at home longer as well as giving emotional support to the rest of the family.
She said: "I would like to thank everyone who came and made the coffee morning a huge success.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 6 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
"Macmillan provides such important support to people at the most difficult time in their lives, so it's great that getting together with friends over a coffee and a piece of cake can help them provide that essential support.