Macmillan gains Waitrose cash
MACMILLAN Cancer Support has received �510 from Sidmouth’s Waitrose store.
The donation came from Waitrose’s Community Matters Scheme, through which each shop distributes �1,000 monthly divided between three nominated charities.
Customers are offered a token every time they shop, which can be inserted in one of three Perspex tubes, representing the different organisations. At the end of each month the tokens are weighed, and each organisation receives a relative proportion of the cash.
Macmillan’s Sidmouth branch chairman Joyce Burnham and treasurer Peter Monck received the cheque from store staff members Andy Roddy and Joe Burgess on Friday.
Joyce said: “Our thanks go to the staff of Waitrose in Sidmouth for such an imaginative community scheme which benefits so many local organisations, month by month.
You may also want to watch:
“Thanks also to the warm-hearted customers who voted for Macmillan in September to help us improve the lives of more local people who are affected by cancer.”
Money raised in Devon for Macmillan stays in Devon and the charity has a �2million investment programme for the county.
- 1 Concerns expressed over latest plans for Sidford Business Park
- 2 'Dream team' shed more light on plans for Connaught's Christmas illuminations
- 3 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 4 Test star celebrates Sidbury promotion season
- 5 Storms and stormy weather... past, present, and future
- 6 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 7 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 8 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 9 Sidmouth woman's legal hearing over Covid deaths in care homes adjourned
- 10 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect