Make a splash for Sid Valley charities in Swimathon
- Credit: Archant
There is still time to submit a team for this year’s Swimathon.
The Rotary Club of Sidmouth will this year be hoping to make a big splash for three local causes: the Admiral Nurse Campaign, Sidmouth Hospiscare and Sidmouth Town Band.
Last year, 25 teams took to Sidmouth Swimming Pool to raise a record-breaking £10,700.
Participating teams can book a lane between 4pm and 9pm on Saturday, October 6. Each team may have as many swimmers as they like and will have one hour to complete as many lengths as possible.
Businesses, charities and local organisations are encouraged to enter the race.
You may also want to watch:
Entries should be sent to Nigel Sharp no later than Monday, September 19.
Contact Nigel on 01395 513168 or email him on firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 Nicola hoping to inspire Sidmouth slimmers through weight loss
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 7 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 8 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 9 £12,500 donated to lockdown laptops for schools appeal
- 10 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out