Make the most important meal of the day count in Sidford with Big Devon Breakfast
- Credit: Archant
Volunteers will be cooking up a storm to raise money for Force
Fill up with a full English breakfast, bacon bap or tea and toast tomorrow (Saturday) and help raise funds for Force cancer charity.
A small team of volunteers is preparing to fire up the frying pans in Sidford Social Hall and serve sizzling rashers to the masses in aid of a cause that provides support and comfort to many.
Organiser Barbara Poole said part of the reason she got involved was because of help her family received from Force and was encouraging people to turn out for the event that will run from 9am to 11.30am.
She said: “Force is a very good cause that is well known locally. As a family, we have benefited from their help. My husband had cancer five years ago and Force was a nice place just to go in and have a chat with people struggling with the same thing.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s nice to give a bit back.”
The full big breakfast is available for £5, or customers can opt for a bacon or sausage bap for £2.50 or toast and marmalade for £1.50.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 3 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 7 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
There will be a raffle and cake stall and Barbara thanked the volunteers, Sidford Social Hall committee and Sidford Women’s Institute for their help and support.
Organisers hope to beat last year’s total of £951 raised by the breakfast.