Malden’s marvels take a leap of faith for charity
- Credit: Archant
Every cloud has a silver lining - as managers of a Sidmouth care home can testify after skydiving from 15,000 feet for charity.
Mark Allen and Agnieszka Orlowska, from Malden House Residential Care Home, along with colleague Amanda Tanner, overcame their fears to raise more than £500 for The Silver Helpline for Older People.
Staff and residents from the home turned out in force at Dunkeswell Airfield, near Honiton, to cheer the trio down to the ground as each completed their tandem skydive.
Mr Allen said: “It was a great experience and I am delighted that we have raised so much for The Silver Line. “We’re still receiving donations and we remain hopeful that we will reach our target of £1,000.”
The Silver Line is chaired by founder Esther Rantzen CBE, and provides advice, information and friendship to isolated and vulnerable older people across the UK.
You may also want to watch:
It is the 2013/14 nominated charity for Hartford Care Group, which is the parent company of Malden House.
Sean Gavin, CEO of Hartford Care, said: “We are delighted to be able to help by raising money for such a worthy cause.”
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 4 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 5 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 6 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
He spoke of Esther’s genuine warmth and compassion for the elderly, adding that the charity corresponds perfectly with the company’s core values of care, comfort and companionship.
“Everyone at Hartford Care is very proud of Mark, Aga and Amanda as this is a fantastic achievement,” he said.
To donate to the cause, visit: https://www.justgiving.com/markamandaskydive/.