Rivertones Harmony Choir to perform at All Saints Church Sidmouth
- Credit: Contributed
Acapella all-male chorus, two of whose members are from Sidmouth, to perform at All Saints Church
“An event for all who are in love with song” is the description of a concert by the Rivertones Harmony Chorus at All Saints Church on Saturday, September 15, sponsored by the Sidmouth Rotarians.
The all-male chorus sing unaccompanied, and their members include Sidmouth Rotarian Brian Pankhurst and Peter Stead, who also lives in Sidmouth. Some original founder members are still with the choir, and until recently they had a 101-year-old member.
The concert will feature solos by tenor John Burgoyne, accompanied by pianist Dorothy Worthington.
John is the son of the concert’s organiser, Rotarian David Burgoyne, who said; “This will be a wonderful musical experience for all to enjoy. The proceeds will support our local community, especially with group visits to shows at the Manor Pavilion
You may also want to watch:
for people who are elderly and living on their own.
Tickets are priced at £10, which includes a glass of punch, and are available from the Paragon Bookshop and the Mustard Seed, as well as on the door.
- 1 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 2 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 3 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 4 Tributes paid to GP who dedicated 36 years to Sid Valley patients
- 5 Sidmouth candidates looking for your vote at the County Council elections
- 6 Otter Valley candidates get ready for County Council elections
- 7 Hopes high that half marathon will be an annual event
- 8 Demand for properties in Sidmouth is high as South West becomes more desirable
- 9 Three Barbaras and a dog move in at Lockyer Lodge
- 10 Initial details revealed for this year's week-long Folk Festival