Rivertones Harmony Choir to perform at All Saints Church Sidmouth
- Credit: Contributed
Acapella all-male chorus, two of whose members are from Sidmouth, to perform at All Saints Church
“An event for all who are in love with song” is the description of a concert by the Rivertones Harmony Chorus at All Saints Church on Saturday, September 15, sponsored by the Sidmouth Rotarians.
The all-male chorus sing unaccompanied, and their members include Sidmouth Rotarian Brian Pankhurst and Peter Stead, who also lives in Sidmouth. Some original founder members are still with the choir, and until recently they had a 101-year-old member.
The concert will feature solos by tenor John Burgoyne, accompanied by pianist Dorothy Worthington.
John is the son of the concert’s organiser, Rotarian David Burgoyne, who said; “This will be a wonderful musical experience for all to enjoy. The proceeds will support our local community, especially with group visits to shows at the Manor Pavilion
You may also want to watch:
for people who are elderly and living on their own.
Tickets are priced at £10, which includes a glass of punch, and are available from the Paragon Bookshop and the Mustard Seed, as well as on the door.
- 1 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 2 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 5 Safety, security and sustainability at Sidmouth Town
- 6 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 7 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start