Man admits having sex with horse
DNA recovered from the scene by police
A MAN has admitted having sex with a horse in East Devon and could face jail.
Derek Woods, 26, pleaded guilty to the charge and two more of causing unnecessary suffering to an animal, when he appeared at Central Devon Magistrates Court today (Thursday, December 30).
Magistrates heard the incidents took place between December 2009 and August of this year at a paddock and stable near Clyst St George on the A3052 which links Sidmouth to Exeter.
Magistrates said they felt they did not have the power to sentence Woods, who currently lives in Alphington, Exeter.
The court heard that East Devon police found him in a paddock in August. He will be sentenced at Exeter Crown Court in January.
Detectives and the stable owner, employed various tactics to catch Woods, whose DNA was recovered from the scene.
- 1 Night-time fish thief makes daring raids on Otter Garden Centre pond
- 2 Exciting discovery as Sidmouth observatory reopens
- 3 'I am pro-vaccine, but I am also pro-choice'
- 4 'It's a nightmare': Sidmouth business react as roadworks get underway
- 5 Sidmouth on the climb while Otters rebuild
- 6 'Stunning' donation made to Dream-A-Way by HMS Defender
- 7 Sidmouth Repair Cafe to hold first session of the New Year
- 8 Litter pickers shocked by amount of waste in river Otter
- 9 'Generous' donations kept Sidmouth Lifeboat afloat in 2021
- 10 Property firm on lookout for development land in East Devon
The court heard that CCTV images showed Woods committing a depraved act on a protected horse.