Man admits having sex with horse
DNA recovered from the scene by police
A MAN has admitted having sex with a horse in East Devon and could face jail.
Derek Woods, 26, pleaded guilty to the charge and two more of causing unnecessary suffering to an animal, when he appeared at Central Devon Magistrates Court today (Thursday, December 30).
Magistrates heard the incidents took place between December 2009 and August of this year at a paddock and stable near Clyst St George on the A3052 which links Sidmouth to Exeter.
Magistrates said they felt they did not have the power to sentence Woods, who currently lives in Alphington, Exeter.
You may also want to watch:
The court heard that East Devon police found him in a paddock in August. He will be sentenced at Exeter Crown Court in January.
Detectives and the stable owner, employed various tactics to catch Woods, whose DNA was recovered from the scene.
- 1 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 2 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 3 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 4 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 5 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 6 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 7 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 8 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 9 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 10 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
The court heard that CCTV images showed Woods committing a depraved act on a protected horse.