Man admits having sex with horse
DNA recovered from the scene by police
A MAN has admitted having sex with a horse in East Devon and could face jail.
Derek Woods, 26, pleaded guilty to the charge and two more of causing unnecessary suffering to an animal, when he appeared at Central Devon Magistrates Court today (Thursday, December 30).
Magistrates heard the incidents took place between December 2009 and August of this year at a paddock and stable near Clyst St George on the A3052 which links Sidmouth to Exeter.
Magistrates said they felt they did not have the power to sentence Woods, who currently lives in Alphington, Exeter.
You may also want to watch:
The court heard that East Devon police found him in a paddock in August. He will be sentenced at Exeter Crown Court in January.
Detectives and the stable owner, employed various tactics to catch Woods, whose DNA was recovered from the scene.
- 1 Is the River Sid the shortest river in England?
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 Toto has a mosey around gardens and makes a discovery
- 4 A rare sight witnessed at town's rugby club
- 5 'Fabulous' food festival attracts thousands
- 6 Bear Grylls praises town's eco-friendly scout 'ambassador'
- 7 Sidmouth drug dealer spared immediate jail sentence
- 8 The strangest possible score in rugby
- 9 Inside story on pub kitchens provides food for thought
- 10 Four unexpected kings of England named William
The court heard that CCTV images showed Woods committing a depraved act on a protected horse.