Man admits having sex with horse
DNA recovered from the scene by police
A MAN has admitted having sex with a horse in East Devon and could face jail.
Derek Woods, 26, pleaded guilty to the charge and two more of causing unnecessary suffering to an animal, when he appeared at Central Devon Magistrates Court today (Thursday, December 30).
Magistrates heard the incidents took place between December 2009 and August of this year at a paddock and stable near Clyst St George on the A3052 which links Sidmouth to Exeter.
Magistrates said they felt they did not have the power to sentence Woods, who currently lives in Alphington, Exeter.
You may also want to watch:
The court heard that East Devon police found him in a paddock in August. He will be sentenced at Exeter Crown Court in January.
Detectives and the stable owner, employed various tactics to catch Woods, whose DNA was recovered from the scene.
- 1 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 2 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 6 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 9 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 10 Local storyteller looks to folklore for reminders that every action has consequences
The court heard that CCTV images showed Woods committing a depraved act on a protected horse.