Man appears in court over Ottery baby death
A 29-year-old man appeared in court yesterday charged with the murder of a 10-month-old girl in Ottery.
James Hunt, of Pellinore Road, Exeter, was remanded in custody when the case was sent by magistrates to Exeter Crown Court.
He is accused of killing the baby girl on December 29 last year, in Ottery.
Hunt was due to appear in front of a judge this morning for a bail hearing. He will then appear at Exeter Crown Court on Friday, August 24.
He was also charged with two counts of theft from a property, one in Ottery, between November 2011 and January this year, and another in Exeter in May, but these matters were adjourned until October 4.
? A spokesman for Devon and Cornwall Police said a 24-year-old woman, who had previously been arrested in connection with the baby’s death, had been released without charge.
- 1 Ottery woman's home 'cuckooed' by County Lines drug gang
- 2 It's all power to the pedestrian... and we must embrace change
- 3 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 4 Welcome boost for road safety and a milestone for club
- 5 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 6 Ottery St Mary rings in the festivities
- 7 Perfect storm has created a housing crisis that needs fixing
- 8 Students carry on Christmas tradition by taking tree through town
- 9 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?
- 10 Town keeps alive the generous tradition inspired by Betty