Man appears in court over Ottery baby death
A 29-year-old man appeared in court yesterday charged with the murder of a 10-month-old girl in Ottery.
James Hunt, of Pellinore Road, Exeter, was remanded in custody when the case was sent by magistrates to Exeter Crown Court.
He is accused of killing the baby girl on December 29 last year, in Ottery.
Hunt was due to appear in front of a judge this morning for a bail hearing. He will then appear at Exeter Crown Court on Friday, August 24.
He was also charged with two counts of theft from a property, one in Ottery, between November 2011 and January this year, and another in Exeter in May, but these matters were adjourned until October 4.
You may also want to watch:
? A spokesman for Devon and Cornwall Police said a 24-year-old woman, who had previously been arrested in connection with the baby’s death, had been released without charge.
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 4 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 5 Rewarding first night back For Sidmouth Running Club
- 6 Young Vikings enjoy victory on the main pitch
- 7 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 8 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 9 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 10 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future