Man arrested after boy, 13, approached in West Hill
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after a 13-year-old schoolboy was approached by the driver of a white van at Tipton Cross.
Police say the incident happened at around 8.30am yesterday (Wednesday) when the boy was walking to school in West Hill.
The man asked the teenager if he wanted a lift and drove in front of him before the boy ran away.
A local 25-year-old man was arrested today (Thursday) on the B3180 at Harp Lane, Aylesbeare, in connection with the incident.
He remains in custody at Exeter police station awaiting interview.
You may also want to watch:
Schools around the local area were made aware of the incident and circulated emails warning parents and children to be vigilant.
Ottery’s Sergeant Chris Leisk said at this stage, there was nothing to indicate an increased risk and advised people to take normal safety precautions.
- 1 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 2 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
- 3 Prince Philip's legacy is guaranteed through awards scheme
- 4 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 5 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 8 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 9 Grab your chance to win a new TV from Fords South West Ltd
- 10 Claire leaves political spotlight
He added that anyone with concerns can contact the Ottery neighbourhood team by calling 101.