Man arrested after boy, 13, approached in West Hill
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after a 13-year-old schoolboy was approached by the driver of a white van at Tipton Cross.
Police say the incident happened at around 8.30am yesterday (Wednesday) when the boy was walking to school in West Hill.
The man asked the teenager if he wanted a lift and drove in front of him before the boy ran away.
A local 25-year-old man was arrested today (Thursday) on the B3180 at Harp Lane, Aylesbeare, in connection with the incident.
He remains in custody at Exeter police station awaiting interview.
Schools around the local area were made aware of the incident and circulated emails warning parents and children to be vigilant.
Ottery’s Sergeant Chris Leisk said at this stage, there was nothing to indicate an increased risk and advised people to take normal safety precautions.
- 1 Body of woman found near Sidmouth
- 2 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 3 A flying visit to a bird reserve and a view on Sidmouth's charity shops - Toto's latest woofings...
- 4 South West warning for drought issued
- 5 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 6 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 7 Closure confirmed for Sidmouth retirement home
- 8 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
- 9 Time to start preparing for potentially harsh winter
- 10 Ottery couple celebrate platinum wedding anniversary
He added that anyone with concerns can contact the Ottery neighbourhood team by calling 101.