Man arrested after suspected hit and run in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after a suspected hit and run in Sidmouth that left a pedestrian with serious injuries in the early hours of yesterday (Sunday) morning.
Arcot Road was closed shortly after midnight after calls that a man in his 60s was involved in a collsison with a vehicle, thought to be a black Nissan Qashqai, according to police.
The casualty was airlifted to Derriford Hospital by police helicopter.
His condition was not as serious as first thought and he received cuts, bruises and an arm injury, a police spokesman said.
The vehicle left the scene but was located a short time later and a 57-year-old from Sidmouth was arrested for allegedly failing to stop and dangerous driving.
You may also want to watch:
He was released on police bail until November 20 while enquiries continue.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 and quote log 16 of 310814.
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Village panto group secures prestigious national award
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon