Man arrested after suspected hit and run in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after a suspected hit and run in Sidmouth that left a pedestrian with serious injuries in the early hours of yesterday (Sunday) morning.
Arcot Road was closed shortly after midnight after calls that a man in his 60s was involved in a collsison with a vehicle, thought to be a black Nissan Qashqai, according to police.
The casualty was airlifted to Derriford Hospital by police helicopter.
His condition was not as serious as first thought and he received cuts, bruises and an arm injury, a police spokesman said.
The vehicle left the scene but was located a short time later and a 57-year-old from Sidmouth was arrested for allegedly failing to stop and dangerous driving.
You may also want to watch:
He was released on police bail until November 20 while enquiries continue.
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 and quote log 16 of 310814.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 9 Anglers travelling further for fishing delights
- 10 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again