Man charged with thefts and burglaries from South West churches including St Giles and St Nicholas in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
A man has been charged in connection with thefts from churches across the South West including St Giles and St Nicholas Church in Sidmouth.
According to police, Mihaita Rosca, aged 25, from Shrewsbury, has been charged with 13 counts of non-dwelling burglary.
Officers say one of the churches targeted was St Giles and St Nicholas Church.
Police say these charges are in connection with alleged burglaries and thefts in Weymouth, Exeter, Crediton, Torrington, Tavistock, Newton Abbot, Teignmouth, Exmouth and Sidmouth.
Devon and Cornwall Police say Rosca has also been charged in connection with thefts alleged to have taken place at The Beachcomber Café and Adventure Golf in Teignmouth.
You may also want to watch:
Rosca appeared at Exeter Magistrates Court on Friday (May 18) and has been remanded until June 21, when he is due to appear at Exeter Crown Court.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 7 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites