Man dies following serious collision on A30
- Credit: Archant
A man has died following a serious single vehicle collision near Daisymount this morning.
Emergency services were called to the scene at around 7am today after reports a white van had been in collision with the barrier at the side of the road.
A police spokesman said: “The driver of the van, a man in his 20s, died as a result of the collision. His next of kin have been informed and formal identification is yet to take place.
“One of the passengers sustained possible life-changing injuries and was taken to hospital by air ambulance. Three other passengers from the van were taken to hospital with serious injuries.”
Some closures remain in place on the A30 near Exeter airport and Daisymount. The road was expected to reopen at around 12.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to contact police on email@example.com or call 101 quoting log 104 of Monday 19 May.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 7 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 8 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98