Man dies in Sidmouth house fire
- Credit: Archant
A MAN has died following a fire at a Sidmouth house this morning.
Devon and Somerset Fire Control received numerous calls to a fire in Howarth Close at around 7.43am.
Callers stated smoke was issuing form the property.
A fire service spokesperson said: “The first officer in attendance immediately requested three fire appliances for man power and to assist breathing apparatus teams.
“Soon after this, the incident commander requested the incident was increased to a five pumping appliance attendance, as it was unclear how many people were still inside the building. Fire appliances were mobilised from Honiton, Seaton, Ottery St Mary and Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
“One seriously injured male casualty was rescued from the three-story domestic property by fire crews who encountered severe heat.
“The property is 100 per cent damaged by smoke and fire. Crews used 12 breathing apparatus sets, three hose reels, positive pressure ventilation fans, ladders and thermal imagine equipment.”
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Yellow weather warning for Devon
- 8 Let's have a jab at the protection racket as Covid debate continues
- 9 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
The Red Cross Fire and Emergency Support Service also attended the incident.
A police representative said that, at around 7.52am, officers were called to an address in Howarth Close following a fire, and that a man suffered fatal injuries. He was pronounced dead at the scene. There were no other casualties.