Man dies in Sidmouth house fire
- Credit: Archant
A MAN has died following a fire at a Sidmouth house this morning.
Devon and Somerset Fire Control received numerous calls to a fire in Howarth Close at around 7.43am.
Callers stated smoke was issuing form the property.
A fire service spokesperson said: “The first officer in attendance immediately requested three fire appliances for man power and to assist breathing apparatus teams.
“Soon after this, the incident commander requested the incident was increased to a five pumping appliance attendance, as it was unclear how many people were still inside the building. Fire appliances were mobilised from Honiton, Seaton, Ottery St Mary and Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
“One seriously injured male casualty was rescued from the three-story domestic property by fire crews who encountered severe heat.
“The property is 100 per cent damaged by smoke and fire. Crews used 12 breathing apparatus sets, three hose reels, positive pressure ventilation fans, ladders and thermal imagine equipment.”
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
The Red Cross Fire and Emergency Support Service also attended the incident.
A police representative said that, at around 7.52am, officers were called to an address in Howarth Close following a fire, and that a man suffered fatal injuries. He was pronounced dead at the scene. There were no other casualties.