Man found dead on Sidmouth coastal path
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 60s has been found dead at Salcombe Hill in Sidmouth.
Police were called out at around 9.30am today (Wednesday, September 9) following reports of concern for welfare of a man.
Ambulance paramedics also attended the scene, reported to be on the coastal path off Alma Lane.
At around 3.45pm a police spokesman released a statement saying:
“The man was sadly confirmed deceased at the scene. Enquiries are ongoing to locate and inform his next of kin.
You may also want to watch:
“The death is not being treated as suspicious and a file is being prepared for the coroner.”
The man’s next of kin have now been informed, but police have not released his name or any further details.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 3 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 9 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity