Man helps others after ten stone weight loss
A BEER man has been an inspiration to others after shedding more than ten stone in only twenty months. Daniel Hoare, of the Meadows, weighed 25 stone and at the age of 24 was warned by doctors his condition could kill him within a few years. Since hearing
A BEER man has been an inspiration to others after shedding more than ten stone in only twenty months.
Daniel Hoare, of the Meadows, weighed 25 stone and at the age of 24 was warned by doctors his condition could kill him within a few years.
Since hearing the disturbing news, Daniel changed his life and his lifestyle.
He said: "I was in a pretty dire state for such a young age. And it's a vicious cycle, comfort eating. It takes a big wake up call to get out of it."
You may also want to watch:
Once an active rugby player, Daniel stopped exercising after he shattered bones in his ankles but continued to eat the same amount.
"On an average Saturday night drinking from eight until two in the morning I would have anywhere in between 15 to 25 pints and then eat a large kebab or a pizza. It was horrendous."
- 1 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 2 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 3 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 4 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 5 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 6 Debut in the Dartmoor League
- 7 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 8 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 9 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
Now 26 he weighs 15 stone, exercises regularly and is training to become a personal trainer.
After completing a course in nutrition and weight management, and due to be a fully qualified personal trainer in February, Daniel hopes to educate other people to lead healthier lifestyles.
Daniel said: "People of all ages, shapes and sizes have contacted me wanting to lose weight, put on muscle or lean down a little bit.
"People also recognise me in the street. It's quite surreal as people who haven't seen me for a year or so don't realise it's me at first.
"I feel like a different person now and can't believe how I used to be."
If anyone wants any advice, call Daniel on 07966243980 or e-mail email@example.com