Man dies after being hit walking in West Hill, near Ottery
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after he was hit by a car while walking in West Hill, near Ottery.
Police were called to the A30 at Daisy Mount Cross at about 6.15pm last night (Wednesday).
The road was closed for nearly seven hours, until 1am this morning (Thursday) while officers carried out investigation work.
A Devon and Cornwall Police spokesman said that the man had been contact with the police earlier that day.
She added: “As per national guidelines the Independent Office for Police Conduct have been notified.”
You may also want to watch:
The man’s next of kin has been informed.
An IOPC spokesperson said: “We are investigating prior police contact with a man who died after being hit by a vehicle at Daisy Mount Cross, Ottery St Mary last night (Thursday).
- 1 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 2 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 How the Beeching Report signalled the end of the line for many local railways
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
“Our investigation follows a mandatory referral from Devon and Cornwall Police and is in its early stages.”