Man dies after being hit walking in West Hill, near Ottery
- Credit: Archant
A man has died after he was hit by a car while walking in West Hill, near Ottery.
Police were called to the A30 at Daisy Mount Cross at about 6.15pm last night (Wednesday).
The road was closed for nearly seven hours, until 1am this morning (Thursday) while officers carried out investigation work.
A Devon and Cornwall Police spokesman said that the man had been contact with the police earlier that day.
She added: “As per national guidelines the Independent Office for Police Conduct have been notified.”
You may also want to watch:
The man’s next of kin has been informed.
An IOPC spokesperson said: “We are investigating prior police contact with a man who died after being hit by a vehicle at Daisy Mount Cross, Ottery St Mary last night (Thursday).
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
“Our investigation follows a mandatory referral from Devon and Cornwall Police and is in its early stages.”