Man released without charge after rape allegation
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth man, who was arrested on suspicion of raping an 18-year-old woman in a Berkshire hotel this week, has been released without charge after police found no offence had taken place.
Thames Valley Police arrested two men, a 22-year-old from Sidmouth and a 21-year-old from Bideford, North Devon, on Tuesday (July 21), following an alleged incident in Sindlesham, near Reading.
Both men have now been released without charge.
Det Con Amy Holden from Reading Force CID said: “Officers have conducted a thorough investigation into this allegation and there is evidence to show that no offences took place.
“The complainant is being supported and I would like to stress that no one should hesitate in coming forward if they have been a victim of crime of any sort.
“The force will support victims and witnesses throughout investigations in an attempt to prosecute offenders.
“Thames Valley Police takes all reports of this nature extremely seriously and will always conduct a thorough investigation.”
- 1 'Some businesses may not survive Sidmouth roadworks'
- 2 Sidmouth Hospice at Home fulfils local man's final wish
- 3 'We'll have to put up with roadworks for a few weeks'
- 4 British Heart Foundation shop in Sidmouth urgently seeking volunteers
- 5 Strong demand for properties continues into the new year
- 6 Temperatures drop to -5C in Devon - but how's the weekend looking?
- 7 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 8 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 9 School steps up safety at road crossing areas
- 10 Property of the Week: Livonia Road