Man released without charge after rape allegation
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth man, who was arrested on suspicion of raping an 18-year-old woman in a Berkshire hotel this week, has been released without charge after police found no offence had taken place.
Thames Valley Police arrested two men, a 22-year-old from Sidmouth and a 21-year-old from Bideford, North Devon, on Tuesday (July 21), following an alleged incident in Sindlesham, near Reading.
Both men have now been released without charge.
Det Con Amy Holden from Reading Force CID said: “Officers have conducted a thorough investigation into this allegation and there is evidence to show that no offences took place.
“The complainant is being supported and I would like to stress that no one should hesitate in coming forward if they have been a victim of crime of any sort.
You may also want to watch:
“The force will support victims and witnesses throughout investigations in an attempt to prosecute offenders.
“Thames Valley Police takes all reports of this nature extremely seriously and will always conduct a thorough investigation.”
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 Golfing season underway at Sidmouth GC
- 9 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 10 The more we work together the better it will be