Man talked down after Sidmouth cliff-top stand-off
UPDATE: Negotiators urge man away from cliff edge
A MAN is today safe after cliff-top drama in Sidmouth unfolded in front of scores of shocked onlookers last night (Tuesday, April 28).
Police negotiators rushed to Salcombe Hill after 999 calls stating a male was seen perilously close to the edge.
The force helicopter, ambulance and Beer Coastguard were all scrambled to the incident at around 5pm.
Crowds gathered on Sidmouth seafront as the drama unfolded.
You may also want to watch:
One onlooker told the Herald: “The emergency services are all here and the seafront by Lifeboat Station is cordoned off. There’s about 100 people gathered here watching.”
A Devon and Cornwall Police spokesperson confirmed this morning that the man had been talked down from the cliff edge after several hours.
- 1 New Ottery business aims to be far more than a shop
- 2 Cotton Traders announce Sidmouth opening date
- 3 Restarting the town band is music to the ears
- 4 Sidmouth charity shop needs your donations!
- 5 Sidmouth poised for a title push
- 6 Batty fun activities for all at donkey sanctuary
- 7 Property of the Week: Green Gables
- 8 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 9 New interiors showroom offers inspiration for your home
- 10 Manor Pavilion reopens with festival of summer plays