Man talked down after Sidmouth cliff-top stand-off
UPDATE: Negotiators urge man away from cliff edge
A MAN is today safe after cliff-top drama in Sidmouth unfolded in front of scores of shocked onlookers last night (Tuesday, April 28).
Police negotiators rushed to Salcombe Hill after 999 calls stating a male was seen perilously close to the edge.
The force helicopter, ambulance and Beer Coastguard were all scrambled to the incident at around 5pm.
Crowds gathered on Sidmouth seafront as the drama unfolded.
You may also want to watch:
One onlooker told the Herald: “The emergency services are all here and the seafront by Lifeboat Station is cordoned off. There’s about 100 people gathered here watching.”
A Devon and Cornwall Police spokesperson confirmed this morning that the man had been talked down from the cliff edge after several hours.
- 1 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 2 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 3 When it comes to our beach, its about taking responsibility for what we do
- 4 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 5 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 6 General Buller's statue in Exeter stay or go?
- 7 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 8 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 9 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 10 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb