Two fire crews called after car overturns and traps driver inside
- Credit: Archant
Two fire crews from Ottery St Mary and Honiton were called out after a car overturned and trapped its driver inside.
Firefighters were called to Longdogs Lane, in Ottery St Mary, at 10.45am today (Sunday) after the car was initially on its roof and blocking the road.
The fire crews stabilised the vehicle, before freeing the elderly gentleman, confirming his release at 10:52am.
A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire Service said: “We responded to a call from police requesting our attendance after a car had overturned, coming to rest on its side and trapping an elderly male.
“We made the vehicle and scene safe, before leaving duty of care with both ambulance and police.”
You may also want to watch:
His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
- 1 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 2 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 3 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 4 Sidmouth's home-grown cricket star Dom Bess in England's win again Sri Lanka
- 5 Praise to community for helping college with online learning during lockdown
- 6 Lockdown #3 challenges for the Sidmouth runners
- 7 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 8 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 9 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 10 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start