Two fire crews called after car overturns and traps driver inside
- Credit: Archant
Two fire crews from Ottery St Mary and Honiton were called out after a car overturned and trapped its driver inside.
Firefighters were called to Longdogs Lane, in Ottery St Mary, at 10.45am today (Sunday) after the car was initially on its roof and blocking the road.
The fire crews stabilised the vehicle, before freeing the elderly gentleman, confirming his release at 10:52am.
A spokesman for Devon and Somerset Fire Service said: “We responded to a call from police requesting our attendance after a car had overturned, coming to rest on its side and trapping an elderly male.
“We made the vehicle and scene safe, before leaving duty of care with both ambulance and police.”
You may also want to watch:
His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 3 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 4 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 5 Sea Fest organisers remain optimistic for festival's return in 2022
- 6 Country owes a 'great debt' to The Duke of Edinburgh
- 7 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 8 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 9 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 10 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action