Man trapped under van following Ottery collision
A MAN was left trapped under a van following a road traffic collision in Ottery St Mary late last night (Saturday, October 29).
Fire service rescuers were called to Brook Street by police at around 11.40pm following reports a person was trapped under a vehicle.
Crews from Ottery and Middlemoor used hydraulic equipment to free the casualty, an adult male, and he was taken to hospital by ambulance at around 12.24am, according to a fire service spokesperson.
Emergency services did not comment on the man’s condition.
The fire service spokesperson said: “The fire service received a call from police to a report of a person trapped under a car following a road traffic collision.
You may also want to watch:
Upon arrival, crews confirmed a road traffic collision involving a van with one person trapped underneath and used hydraulic rescue equipment to free the casualty.
At 12.24am, one adult male was released from under a vehicle using hydraulic rescue equipment and conveyed to hospital by ambulance.”
- 1 Ideas invited for new use of former Sidmouth utility building
- 2 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 3 Sidmouth woman's legal challenge over care home Covid deaths begins at High Court
- 4 Gold award success for Sidmouth and 'outstanding' community projects praised by South West In Bloom
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortescue Road, Sidmouth
- 6 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 7 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe set to reopen later this month
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Read all about it! Toto pays a visit to the bookshop
Devon and Cornwall Police and the Ambulance Service are yet to comment on the incident.
More to follow…