Marathon appeal by Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary
Five runners needed to raise funds for Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary in 2012 London Marathon
THE Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary is asking five runners to put their best foot forward for donkeys worldwide in the 2012 Virgin London Marathon.
The charity is looking for fundraising runners to take up the five places it has been allocated in the race on Sunday, April 22, 2012, writes Charlie Lister.
Applicants will be asked to pledge to raise �1,000 or more to support the charity’s work in the UK and around the world.
With individual applications now closed, opportunities to run in the prestigious event are few and far between.
You may also want to watch:
Marian Gumbrell, the Donkey Sanctuary’s community fund-raising manager, said: “This is an exciting opportunity to show your support for The Donkey Sanctuary while taking part in one of the most high profile running events in the sporting calendar.”
She said running the 2012 London Marathon in such an iconic Olympic year, was a great way to help the plight of donkeys around the world.
- 1 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 4 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 5 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 6 Jess Bailey secures a seat at Devon County Council
- 7 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom
- 8 Paedophile hunters' sting in Sidbury leads to prosecution
- 9 Photographic competition challenges snappers to spring into action
- 10 Two superb centuries in Sidbury victory
She added: “As a charity we are lucky to have fantastic supporters who help our work to continue.
“We would love to hear from people who fancy putting on their running shoes for a good cause.”
If you would like to find out more about running the London Marathon for SidmouthDonkey Sanctuary, please contact the charity’s community fundraising team on: (01395) 573007 or email: email@example.com.