Marathon appeal by Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary
Five runners needed to raise funds for Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary in 2012 London Marathon
THE Sidmouth Donkey Sanctuary is asking five runners to put their best foot forward for donkeys worldwide in the 2012 Virgin London Marathon.
The charity is looking for fundraising runners to take up the five places it has been allocated in the race on Sunday, April 22, 2012, writes Charlie Lister.
Applicants will be asked to pledge to raise �1,000 or more to support the charity’s work in the UK and around the world.
With individual applications now closed, opportunities to run in the prestigious event are few and far between.
Marian Gumbrell, the Donkey Sanctuary’s community fund-raising manager, said: “This is an exciting opportunity to show your support for The Donkey Sanctuary while taking part in one of the most high profile running events in the sporting calendar.”
She said running the 2012 London Marathon in such an iconic Olympic year, was a great way to help the plight of donkeys around the world.
- 1 Business breakfast aims to link up local professionals
- 2 Plan unveiled to restore 'magical' hidden garden in Sidmouth
- 3 New town council chair sets out his aims
- 4 Bugler needed for Sidmouth beacon lighting event
- 5 Cost of living crisis how Sidmouth businesses are coping
- 6 'Thank you' - Ukraine medic moved to tears by donations from Ottery
- 7 Ottery residents struggling with Medical Centre absence
- 8 Mica Paris apologises to Sidmouth as festival concert is moved to following day
- 9 Recycled toy shop's kind gesture to Ukrainian families
- 10 Local slimmer wins prize for low-calorie stew recipe
She added: “As a charity we are lucky to have fantastic supporters who help our work to continue.
“We would love to hear from people who fancy putting on their running shoes for a good cause.”
If you would like to find out more about running the London Marathon for SidmouthDonkey Sanctuary, please contact the charity’s community fundraising team on: (01395) 573007 or email: email@example.com.