Marathon in a Month challenge plea from Hospiscare
- Credit: Hospiscare
Hospiscare is encouraging people to get their running shoes on for a new virtual fundraising challenge.
Marathon in a Month is a new event from the hospice charity for Exeter, Mid and East Devon.
The coronavirus pandemic has had a drastic impact on the charity’s fundraising efforts since March, causing many events to be cancelled.
Hospiscare is predicting a £1million deficit to its funding this year and relies on income from fundraising events to fund 85 per cent of its services.
The marathon takes place throughout the month of October, and participants can walk, jog or run to complete the 26.2 mile challenge in 31 days.
You may also want to watch:
Marathon in a Month allows participants to choose their level of challenge – whether that’s walking or jogging a few miles each day or even running a marathon every weekend in October.
To support the charity’s Marathon in a Month challenge, visit the Hospiscare website to register your place
- 1 Donkeys look forward to welcoming families back
- 2 Stephen's not afraid to get hands-on to keep business moving forward
- 3 Arboreturm volunteers make final plans for eventful tree week
- 4 Ottery Brownie leader set to run London Marathon
- 5 Two Sidmouth gardens set to open to the public this bank holiday
- 6 Double golfing success for the Sidmouth seniors
- 7 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 8 Here come the Red Arrows! Things are looking up for town
- 9 New team on frontline for mental health care and support
- 10 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat