Marathon mum hits road in Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
A Sidmouth mum-of-three is taking on the London Marathon so struggling families can take a break – and she’s already clocked up 500 miles in preparation.
Claire Ashby (pictured) is a part-owner of High Street travel company Alternative Aquitaine, which has been a corporate sponsor of the Family Holiday Association (FHA) for a few years now.
She was fortunate enough to get a sought-after space in the April race, so decided to go one step further for the charity.
“I am very lucky that I am able to run in and around Sidmouth - the panoramic views and glorious sunrises have made the miles pass more easily,” said Claire.
“I have now run close to 500 miles and am looking forward to the big day on April 24, when I will join over 30,000 other runners taking part in one of the biggest marathon events in the world.”
You may also want to watch:
The FHA supports families for whom holidays are unachievable, due to their financial or personal circumstances, or as a result of illness or bereavement.
It owns some caravans at Exmouth’s Sandy Bay to give families a short break by the seaside.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 5 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 6 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 7 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 8 I want seafront cafe and restaurant to be something Exmouth can be proud of
- 9 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 10 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
To sponsor Claire, visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/ClaireAshby