Margaret prepares for London Marathon
- Credit: Archant
A member of the team at Beer-based model railway firm Pecorama is hoping to turn in an express performance at the London Marathon.
Margaret Pearce is hoping to run the 26-mile course in under four hours in aid of an Axminster-based charity’s vital work.
A keen athlete, she has been a member of the Axe Valley Runners club for many years and has completed several long distance challenges, including the famous Seaton Grizzly and the Edinburgh Marathon.
Margaret has decided that her run, on Sunday, April 23, will support The Project, which provides help to young people affected by mental and emotional health issues.
The mum-of-one has already hit her target of £1,000 after holding a range of fundraisers including bake sales.
You may also want to watch:
Margaret, 47, from Seaton said: “I think its amazing, I didn’t expect to get anywhere close to that amount. I said if I ever did the London Marathon I wanted to raise money for a local charity.”
The Project has weekly groups in Axminster and Chard and offers a safe and welcoming space for young people from across East Devon, South Somerset and West Dorset. Margaret says lots of young people benefit from The Project and it is a lifeline for many of them and their families.
- 1 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 2 Veterans called to muster in tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 4 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 5 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 6 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 9 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 10 Sidmouth’s ‘overwhelming’ support for Wear a Hat fundraiser
The Project’s founder Debbie Humberstone, said: “We are delighted that Margaret has chosen to raise money for us by taking on the London Marathon. We rely on grants, donations and fundraising to continue our vital work with young people.Taking on the marathon is an amazing challenge, and we hope people will support her efforts.”
To sponsor Margaret, people can send donations to her, care of Pecorama at Underleys, Beer, Seaton EX12 3NA or go to the website mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/margaretpearce1