Mary King opens new arena at Bicton
Salcombe Regis Olympian Mary King opens impressive arena in East Devon
OLYMPIAN Mary King, who is based at Salcombe Regis, has opened an impressive, international size arena at Bicton College.
More than 250 equestrian enthusiasts attended the formal opening - during a day of equestrian displays and entertainment - with Mary and her old partner, King Solomon III.
The facilities include an extended 20m x 60m indoor arena with geltrack surface, gallery seating for 150 people, state of the art teaching rooms, two allocated judging areas, offices and a reception area.
A parade with some of the region’s top stallions began the day followed by a series of displays from Bicton College students prior to the official opening ceremony with Mary King at 1.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors were also treated to an afternoon of top-class entertainment starting with a dressage demonstration.
The programme concluded with the mother and daughter team of Mary and Emily King, who engaged the audience in their display of cross-country style jump training.
- 1 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Immigration suspect arrested after fire in empty Sidmouth shop
- 4 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 ‘Can we fix it? Yes we can!’ Sidmouth Repair Cafe seeks new team members
- 7 Yellow weather warning for Devon
- 8 Book your tickets for wine tasting in Sidmouth
- 9 Sidmouth undone by powerful St Austell performance
A spokesman for Bicton College said: “The newly updated complex will provide excellent teaching and learning facilities for full and part-time students and external customers.
“The improved facilities will attract a much larger equestrian audience and increase the number and type of events which may be held at the venue.”