Masonic cash for Sidmouth Gig Club
Sidmouth Gig Club receives �1,000 from Devonshire Freemasons
AS part of an annual programme of charitable giving, Devonshire Freemasons has awarded Sidmouth Gig Club �1,000 from a total �20,000 distributed to 28 local worthy causes.
Donations were presented by the Provincial Grand Master of Devonshire, the Right Worshipful Brother Michael Penny, at the Masonic Hall, Uffculme, recently.
The �1,000 will go towards buying a new wooden gig for the club, and said its chairman, Nigel Winchester: “We are extremely grateful for this generous contribution towards our new boat which we are hoping to take delivery of this coming January.”
The gig club also received �250 from Sidmouth’s Perseverance Lodge, which was presented to them by Mervyn James.
You may also want to watch:
Each year, around �50,000 is given to local charities and organisations in Devon and, since the programme began in 2001, more than a third of a million pounds has gone to nearly 400 beneficiaries.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Sidmouth's 'fantastic' new amphitheatre 'an asset to the town'
- 3 Vision Group awards recognise 'champions' who helped Sidmouth pull through lockdown
- 4 New £14m Sidmouth Beach Management Plan takes major step forward
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 6 Former Sidmouth student campaigns to save Afghan friends from Taliban regime
- 7 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 8 ‘Act now’ to get flood-prone school relocated, councillor urges Government
- 9 Wednesday's Budget and how it might help those struggling in Devon this winter
- 10 How Devon are you? Take our quiz