Masonic cash for Sidmouth Gig Club
Sidmouth Gig Club receives �1,000 from Devonshire Freemasons
AS part of an annual programme of charitable giving, Devonshire Freemasons has awarded Sidmouth Gig Club �1,000 from a total �20,000 distributed to 28 local worthy causes.
Donations were presented by the Provincial Grand Master of Devonshire, the Right Worshipful Brother Michael Penny, at the Masonic Hall, Uffculme, recently.
The �1,000 will go towards buying a new wooden gig for the club, and said its chairman, Nigel Winchester: “We are extremely grateful for this generous contribution towards our new boat which we are hoping to take delivery of this coming January.”
The gig club also received �250 from Sidmouth’s Perseverance Lodge, which was presented to them by Mervyn James.
You may also want to watch:
Each year, around �50,000 is given to local charities and organisations in Devon and, since the programme began in 2001, more than a third of a million pounds has gone to nearly 400 beneficiaries.
- 1 First time in a year for Sidmouth's rugby youngsters
- 2 Public help needed to find wild violets around East Devon
- 3 A tussle for the ages at Ottery Bowls
- 4 Stuart Hughes retains Sidmouth county council seat
- 5 Now is the time to shop locally says Sidmouth artist
- 6 Sidmouth electric car club survey launched
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Property of the Week: Flat 2 Bedford
- 9 Ottery Primary pupils' pedal power shines through at hill climb
- 10 Reid family follow in the footsteps of Sir Captain Tom