Masonic Lodge Sidmouth art bid ‘ok’
ARTWORK from Sidmouth town entry signs can be used to help mark a Masonic landmark after civic leaders gave the bid their blessing.
ARTWORK from Sidmouth town entry signs can be used to help mark a Masonic landmark after civic leaders gave their blessing to the bid.
Town councillors received a request from a member of the Masonic Lodge of Perseverance No.164, Sidmouth, to use the artwork on a banner being commissioned to celebrate its bicentenary in 2013.
Councillors gave the move the go-ahead and the banner will be made for the Lodge to mark its long association with Sidmouth- where meetings commenced in 1828.
“It’s quite a compliment,” said Councillor Graham Liverton.
You may also want to watch:
Original artist Derek Brooks had no objection to his work being used.
- 1 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 2 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 3 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 4 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Summer play season returns safe and sound after 'challenging year'
- 7 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman