Masonic Lodge Sidmouth art bid ‘ok’
ARTWORK from Sidmouth town entry signs can be used to help mark a Masonic landmark after civic leaders gave the bid their blessing.
ARTWORK from Sidmouth town entry signs can be used to help mark a Masonic landmark after civic leaders gave their blessing to the bid.
Town councillors received a request from a member of the Masonic Lodge of Perseverance No.164, Sidmouth, to use the artwork on a banner being commissioned to celebrate its bicentenary in 2013.
Councillors gave the move the go-ahead and the banner will be made for the Lodge to mark its long association with Sidmouth- where meetings commenced in 1828.
“It’s quite a compliment,” said Councillor Graham Liverton.
You may also want to watch:
Original artist Derek Brooks had no objection to his work being used.
- 1 Town's garden efforts on display at Chelsea Flower Show
- 2 East Devon reports rise in Covid cases
- 3 7 of the prettiest streets in Sidmouth
- 4 Can you hear me? Science festival will attempt a new tin can phone world record
- 5 The act of giving makes a big difference
- 6 Young surfer raising hundreds of pounds with sponsored beach clean
- 7 New gin launch helps raise funds for Tar Barrel tradition
- 8 Let's engage with youths to help keep environment clean
- 9 Lifeboat responds to two call-outs in one night
- 10 Initial findings show town's waterways are healthy