Mayday dancing at Ottery Primary
Pupils at Ottery Primary School put on a dazzling dancing display for their Mayday celebrations this week.
All 380 or so pupils enrolled at the school were involved, with each year group putting on dances for the visiting parents and locals.
Ranging between traditional maypole dancing and more modern dancing including a Bollywood number, the children have been practising for the event since Easter, culminating in a final dance by all the pupils on the playing fields.
The year six pupils even performed a parody of last month’s Royal Wedding, based on the T-Mobile television advert.
Mrs Jennifer Webber also crowned Harriet Pollington and Max Moore as the Mayday King and Queen.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the PTA were on hand to provide refreshments to the spectators, who took advantage of Tuesday’s good weather to make an afternoon of the annual performance.
School administrator Sarah Pearman said: “It was a lovely day and brought everyone together, the parents love watching the children and the pupils love performing for their parents.”
- 1 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 2 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 3 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 4 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 5 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year
- 6 An extra £4.6 billion made available to support UK businesses during lockdown
- 7 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 10 Sidmouth Photography Club: Photography officially recognised for its mental health benefits