Mayday dancing at Ottery Primary
Pupils at Ottery Primary School put on a dazzling dancing display for their Mayday celebrations this week.
All 380 or so pupils enrolled at the school were involved, with each year group putting on dances for the visiting parents and locals.
Ranging between traditional maypole dancing and more modern dancing including a Bollywood number, the children have been practising for the event since Easter, culminating in a final dance by all the pupils on the playing fields.
The year six pupils even performed a parody of last month’s Royal Wedding, based on the T-Mobile television advert.
Mrs Jennifer Webber also crowned Harriet Pollington and Max Moore as the Mayday King and Queen.
You may also want to watch:
Members of the PTA were on hand to provide refreshments to the spectators, who took advantage of Tuesday’s good weather to make an afternoon of the annual performance.
School administrator Sarah Pearman said: “It was a lovely day and brought everyone together, the parents love watching the children and the pupils love performing for their parents.”
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 4 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 5 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 6 Sporting tribute to club stalwart from grateful members
- 7 'More visible' speed limit signs to be installed on A375 Sidbury Hill
- 8 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 9 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 10 Woman flown to hospital after fall