Meet the Author: Mountbatten biographer Andrew Lownie at Kennaway House
- Credit: Archant
A new biography of Lord Mountbatten and his wife Edwina has been published, 40 years after he was assassinated by an IRA bomb.
The biographer, Andrew Lownie, will be talking about his book in the final Meet The Author event of the year at Kennaway House on Friday, October 25.
The Mountbattens: Their Lives and Loves paints a new and revealing portrait of a glamorous couple, and explores Lord Mountbatten's controversial roles as Supreme Allied Commander in South East Asia during the war, last Viceroy of India and mentor of the Prince of Wales.
Andrew Lownie went to Magdalene College, Cambridge and then studied for his doctorate in history at Edinburgh University.
He has written best-selling biographies of the author John Buchan and the spy Guy Burgess. He combines his work as a writer with being head of the Andrew Lownie Literary Agency, which he founded in 1988.
You may also want to watch:
Meet The Author opens at 7pm for a 7.30pm start. Tickets are £13 and include a glass of wine; they are available from Kennaway House on 01395 515551.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Postie raises £6K for charity by walking 100 miles
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 7 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 8 Ottery has gone 'above and beyond' during this difficult time
- 9 Future housing may be destined for out of town sites
- 10 Sidmouth music man raises thousands-of-pounds for cancer charity