Meet the Author: Travel special at Kennaway House, Sidmouth
- Credit: Archant
Two jet-setting journalists will be talking about their travels at the next Meet the Author event at Kennaway House on Friday, September 20.
Gill Charlton is a former editor of the Daily Telegraph Travel and a freelance travel writer.
Interviewing her will be Stephen Dunk, a previous director at the Daily Telegraph, and now managing director of TravelZoo Europe, a leading provider of travel deals.
Gill and Stephen will discuss their careers in the travel journalism industry, disclose some essential tips and insider recommendations, and share their most exciting, and most terrifying, adventures.
They will also be able to answer questions from the audience and give advice based on their own experiences, tackling subjects such as personal safety, travel money, insurance, car hire and dealing with airlines.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 7pm for a 7.30pm start.
Tickets are £13, to include a glass of wine. To book, call 01395 515551 or visit the Kennaway House office.
- 1 Lottery funding for fishermen's shed project
- 2 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
- 3 Friends of the Byes are helping to to save life on earth starting with a bramble bank
- 4 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 5 Sid Vale Association marks its 175th anniversary
- 6 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 7 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 8 Dom Bess representing Sidmouth in Sri Lanka
- 9 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 10 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout