Meet the Trees events in Sidmouth
- Credit: Diana East
A chance to see some of the special trees in gardens around Sidmouth
It's the end of a week-long celebration of trees in the Sidmouth area.
The Sidmouth Arboretum has been encouraging the appreciation of trees, with a series of guided walks and talks.
And there's a chance to finish the week with a visit to some gardens with special trees, on Friday May 24 and Saturday 25:
Friday 10.00 - 12.00 : Carolyn Trussell, Littlemead, Beatlands, a designed garden.
Also 10.00 - 12.00, Ewan Anderson, EDDC Blackmore Gardens, Tree Drawing.
2.00 - 4.00: Diana East, Belmont Hotel, a goyle garden.
- 1 East Devon beaches given prestigious blue flag award
- 2 Iain Burns photography talk, McColls future in Sidmouth and the rare sound of a cuckoo
- 3 As Sidmouth becomes a one-bank town, how do businesses adapt?
- 4 Is 'no dig' gardening lazy or are we just replicating nature?
- 5 Sidmouth Ampitheatre targeted by vandals in 'heartbreaking' attack
- 6 Gentle optimism in the air is a shot in the arm for Sidmouth
- 7 Aviation industry is key to realising dream of a highly-skilled South West
- 8 Ottery St Mary gearing up for Queens jubilations
- 9 Whatever fuel you use to power your home, what can we do to help with bills?
- 10 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
Saturday 10.00 - 12.30 Roger and Linda Mills, Churchills, Convent Road. Exotic features.
Also 10.00 -12.30 Amanda and Michael Wilcock, 9 Convent Fields. Maturing birches.
2.00 - 4.00 Ed Dolphin, EDDC Knowle Gardens, Knowle Drive. New planting, future plans.
Also 2.00 - 4.00 John and Jean Twibell, Farthing Wood, Broadway Wood. Pond, vegetables, flowers.
Also 2.00 - 4.00 Jon Ball, Sidholme Hotel, Elysian Fields. Heritage garden.