Meet the Trees events in Sidmouth
- Credit: Diana East
A chance to see some of the special trees in gardens around Sidmouth
It's the end of a week-long celebration of trees in the Sidmouth area.
The Sidmouth Arboretum has been encouraging the appreciation of trees, with a series of guided walks and talks.
And there's a chance to finish the week with a visit to some gardens with special trees, on Friday May 24 and Saturday 25:
Friday 10.00 - 12.00 : Carolyn Trussell, Littlemead, Beatlands, a designed garden.
You may also want to watch:
Also 10.00 - 12.00, Ewan Anderson, EDDC Blackmore Gardens, Tree Drawing.
2.00 - 4.00: Diana East, Belmont Hotel, a goyle garden.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 3 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 4 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 5 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 6 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 7 Stableford jewel for Sidmouth member
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 10 Debut in the Dartmoor League
Saturday 10.00 - 12.30 Roger and Linda Mills, Churchills, Convent Road. Exotic features.
Also 10.00 -12.30 Amanda and Michael Wilcock, 9 Convent Fields. Maturing birches.
2.00 - 4.00 Ed Dolphin, EDDC Knowle Gardens, Knowle Drive. New planting, future plans.
Also 2.00 - 4.00 John and Jean Twibell, Farthing Wood, Broadway Wood. Pond, vegetables, flowers.
Also 2.00 - 4.00 Jon Ball, Sidholme Hotel, Elysian Fields. Heritage garden.