Meeting on plans to replace Newton Poppleford’s arson-hit church hall
- Credit: Archant
Residents can hear an update on plans to replace Newton Poppleford’s arson-hit church hall in an open meeting tomorrow (Saturday, May 6).
St Luke’s parochial church council leaders will explain what is being done, what the problems and constraints are, and ask for feedback on ways forward.
Churchwarden Haylor Lass said many in the congregation had asked what was happening and why it is taking so long.
He said some people want a wide open space and others want kitchen facilities, but most are keen to have toilets.
Mr Lass added that the plan is to create a level access and move the hall closer to the listed church.
You may also want to watch:
The last hall burned down in an arson attack in 2010.
The meeting will begin in the church at 9.30am.
- 1 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open
- 2 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 3 Further improvements for Sidmouth Town FC
- 4 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 There will be sunshine after the rain as the town re-opens
- 7 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 8 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 9 Show of Art set to captivate Kennaway House visitors
- 10 Set aside a wild patch in your garden - better to watch than the television!