Meeting to mobilise members of community to aid refugees
People in the community are being encouraged to take an active role in providing help and support for Syrian refugees.
A public meeting will be held at The Station, in Exeter Road, on Wednesday, October 14, at 7.30pm, for anyone able to offer suggestions, or practical help for families fleeing the war torn country.
North Street resident Mel Argent is behind the initiative and says she is happy to offer a place in her own home and would welcome input from anyone else willing to do the same, or able to offer assistance in other ways.
Mel said: “There are lots of different things people can do.
“We are looking for active support and people to offer ideas and suggestions.
You may also want to watch:
“The meeting is about people coming together to make a plan.”
- 1 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Three designer handbags stolen from a shop in Sidmouth
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Woman flown to hospital after fall
- 6 Organisers thrilled with super science festival turnout
- 7 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 High scoring in the Sidmouth Stablefords
- 10 Rail users can enjoy 'moor' views as Dartmoor Line reopens after 50 years