Men accused of Seaton kidnap to appear at Exeter Crown Court
- Credit: Archant
A group of men accused of kidnap are due to appear in court together for the first time next month.
The four men, two of whom are from Sidmouth, are all accused of carrying out the kidnap on a man in Seaton and some are also facing other charges.
A judge at Exeter Crown Court has adjourned all the cases until December 6 so a trial date can be set.
Sean Currie, aged 51, of Fore Street, and Howard Dwyer, aged 38, of Malvern Road, both in Sidmouth, together with Jamie Channing, 27, of Prince Charles Road in Launceston; Troy Coaker, 24, of Harbour Road in Seaton are all accused of kidnap.
They are all alleged to have carried away a male against his will at Seaton on July 6, 2016.
You may also want to watch:
Channing and Currie also face charges of kidnapping a woman on June 24, 2016. Channing is alleged to have carried out an assault which caused grievous bodily harm the following day.
Judge Robert Linford adjourned Dwyer’s case last week.
- 1 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 2 Sidmouth garden show to take place as lockdown eases
- 3 Town is spruced up as excitement is in the air for future
- 4 Salston Manor Hotel plans given the go-ahead
- 5 Claire leaves political spotlight
- 6 Sidmouth Ladies restart with a golf comp
- 7 Joma Devon and Exeter League Weekend Fixtures
- 8 Try tennis for FREE at Sidford Tennis Club
- 9 Local photographer captures the beauty of The Byes with his wildlife shots
- 10 Sidmouth in Bloom seating project full of civic pride
He also adjourned the cases of Coaker and Currie in their absence this week.