Men appear in court accused of aggravated burglary
- Credit: Archant
Two men charged in relation to alleged Howarth Close, Sidmouth, incident
Two men today (Monday) appeared in court charged with an alleged aggravated burglary with intent to cause injury in Howarth Close, Sidmouth, on Saturday.
Nicholas Jeffries, of Lancelot Road, Exeter, and Michael O’Donnell of Lock Close, Sidmouth, were released on conditional bail.
Jeffries, 52, and O’Donnell, 46, appeared before magistrates sitting in Exeter for a preliminary hearing.
Magistrates told Jeffries that he would be monitored electronically on a curfew from 8pm to 6am and reside at a bail house in Exeter. He was also told not to enter Sidmouth.
You may also want to watch:
The court also granted O’Donnell conditional bail, stating that he would be on a curfew from 8pm to 6am and monitored electronically. Magistrates told him not to enter Howarth Close, Sidmouth.
Both men were told not to contact directly and indirectly any of the prosecution witnesses or each other.
- 1 Sidmouth artist paints a picture of hope for the NHS
- 2 17th century chest from Ottery manor to be auctioned
- 3 Free Zoom workshop for parents, carers and professionals during Lockdown
- 4 Commemorative elm tree planted to mark National Tree Warden scheme's 30th anniversary
- 5 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 6 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 7 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 8 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 9 Sidmouth Rugby Club’s Devon success stories
- 10 Retired GP's 'curated anthology' of fly fishing experiences
The case was adjourned to Exeter Crown Court in May.