Men appear in court accused of aggravated burglary
- Credit: Archant
Two men charged in relation to alleged Howarth Close, Sidmouth, incident
Two men today (Monday) appeared in court charged with an alleged aggravated burglary with intent to cause injury in Howarth Close, Sidmouth, on Saturday.
Nicholas Jeffries, of Lancelot Road, Exeter, and Michael O’Donnell of Lock Close, Sidmouth, were released on conditional bail.
Jeffries, 52, and O’Donnell, 46, appeared before magistrates sitting in Exeter for a preliminary hearing.
Magistrates told Jeffries that he would be monitored electronically on a curfew from 8pm to 6am and reside at a bail house in Exeter. He was also told not to enter Sidmouth.
The court also granted O’Donnell conditional bail, stating that he would be on a curfew from 8pm to 6am and monitored electronically. Magistrates told him not to enter Howarth Close, Sidmouth.
Both men were told not to contact directly and indirectly any of the prosecution witnesses or each other.
- 1 Night-time fish thief makes daring raids on Otter Garden Centre pond
- 2 'It's a nightmare': Sidmouth business react as roadworks get underway
- 3 Exciting discovery as Sidmouth observatory reopens
- 4 'I am pro-vaccine, but I am also pro-choice'
- 5 'Stunning' donation made to Dream-A-Way by HMS Defender
- 6 'Generous' donations kept Sidmouth Lifeboat afloat in 2021
- 7 Litter pickers shocked by amount of waste in river Otter
- 8 Sidmouth Repair Cafe to hold first session of the New Year
- 9 Mental health awareness and fundraising at Sidmouth
- 10 Sidmouth on the climb while Otters rebuild
The case was adjourned to Exeter Crown Court in May.