Men appear in court accused of aggravated burglary
- Credit: Archant
Two men charged in relation to alleged Howarth Close, Sidmouth, incident
Two men today (Monday) appeared in court charged with an alleged aggravated burglary with intent to cause injury in Howarth Close, Sidmouth, on Saturday.
Nicholas Jeffries, of Lancelot Road, Exeter, and Michael O’Donnell of Lock Close, Sidmouth, were released on conditional bail.
Jeffries, 52, and O’Donnell, 46, appeared before magistrates sitting in Exeter for a preliminary hearing.
Magistrates told Jeffries that he would be monitored electronically on a curfew from 8pm to 6am and reside at a bail house in Exeter. He was also told not to enter Sidmouth.
The court also granted O’Donnell conditional bail, stating that he would be on a curfew from 8pm to 6am and monitored electronically. Magistrates told him not to enter Howarth Close, Sidmouth.
Both men were told not to contact directly and indirectly any of the prosecution witnesses or each other.
- 1 Photos: Sidmouth's latest cliff collapses caught on camera
- 2 Time to start preparing for potentially harsh winter
- 3 Heatwave may have caused latest Sidmouth cliff falls
- 4 Residents plagued by aggressive rogue traders
- 5 The last day of Sidmouth Folk Festival 2022
- 6 Post-lockdown images become public art on Sidmouth billboard
- 7 Closure confirmed for Sidmouth retirement home
- 8 Decision on Straitgate's appeal funding deferred
- 9 Could Devon councils be set for unitary shake up?
- 10 Donkey Sanctuary to host event during local food festival
The case was adjourned to Exeter Crown Court in May.