Men’s forum learn about Ottery tourism
Ottery’s men received a lesson in tourism from the manger of the town’s information centre.
Phyllis Baxter spoke to Ottery Men’s Forum at the Institute on Wednesday, February 22.
Harry Phillips, from the forum, said they have18 members, but would like more men from Ottery St Mary to join the group.
The forum get in speakers on a variety of topics, from history to geography, travel, and last week’s talk on the different types of tourism in Ottery.
They hold meetings every two weeks in The Institute, Yonder Street, and once a month hold an open meeting for non-members, including women, to come along and enjoy the talks.
You may also want to watch:
For more information contact Harry on 01404 814524.
- 1 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 2 Archie's three marathons in three days charity challenge
- 3 We're open again! Town's traders welcome back shoppers
- 4 The boyhood of Ottery's famous poet - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth seniors back in competitive action
- 7 Property of the Week: Priory House, Ottery St Mary
- 8 Escot springs out of lockdown and they're wild about opening again
- 9 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 10 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman