Men’s forum learn about Ottery tourism
Ottery’s men received a lesson in tourism from the manger of the town’s information centre.
Phyllis Baxter spoke to Ottery Men’s Forum at the Institute on Wednesday, February 22.
Harry Phillips, from the forum, said they have18 members, but would like more men from Ottery St Mary to join the group.
The forum get in speakers on a variety of topics, from history to geography, travel, and last week’s talk on the different types of tourism in Ottery.
They hold meetings every two weeks in The Institute, Yonder Street, and once a month hold an open meeting for non-members, including women, to come along and enjoy the talks.
You may also want to watch:
For more information contact Harry on 01404 814524.
- 1 Thousands of washed up fish provide easy pickings for fishermen and gulls
- 2 Community rally around pensioner in hour of need
- 3 Dan's retail vision provides timely food for thought
- 4 Photo competition will capture the town's important moments
- 5 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Good vibrations will be felt as the boys return to the beach
- 8 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 9 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 10 New owner sought for prominent Sidmouth seafront businesses