Methodist Church guild boosts CAMPAIGN 2012
VALENTINES Day saw members of the Sidmouth Methodist Church Wesley Guild show their love for for the Herald’s CAMPAIGN 2010 – with an evening of romantic music.
The event last Tuesday saw a donation of around �60 made to Sidmouth Primary School’s minibus appeal.
Vocal renderings were given by Brendan Moss and John Brindley.
Organiser John McGregor and Christine Hemmingway performed piano duets and solos.
The music was interspersed by Stewart Gordon reading some of his own love poems. A large audience enjoyed the evening and a donation was made to the minibus appeal.
You may also want to watch:
The Wesley Guild meets on Tuesday evenings from October to April at 7.30pm in the Methodist Church Hall. A varied programme covers many topics, with various speakers each week.
New members and visitors are always welcome.
- 1 Stalker jailed and banned from Ottery St Mary
- 2 Tipton St John children's author wins national award for pioneering work
- 3 'I feel that front line workers should be vaccinated as soon as possible'
- 4 Sidmouth vaccinations are off to a good start
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 'We are passionate about involving young people in planning'
- 8 Sid Valley Practice appeals for help during vaccine rollout
- 9 Tar Barrel Night paintings will help keep the event rolling
- 10 Popular Sidmouth swimathon set to return this year