Methodist Church guild boosts CAMPAIGN 2012
VALENTINES Day saw members of the Sidmouth Methodist Church Wesley Guild show their love for for the Herald’s CAMPAIGN 2010 – with an evening of romantic music.
The event last Tuesday saw a donation of around �60 made to Sidmouth Primary School’s minibus appeal.
Vocal renderings were given by Brendan Moss and John Brindley.
Organiser John McGregor and Christine Hemmingway performed piano duets and solos.
The music was interspersed by Stewart Gordon reading some of his own love poems. A large audience enjoyed the evening and a donation was made to the minibus appeal.
You may also want to watch:
The Wesley Guild meets on Tuesday evenings from October to April at 7.30pm in the Methodist Church Hall. A varied programme covers many topics, with various speakers each week.
New members and visitors are always welcome.
- 1 'Battered and shattered' traders start to reopen their shops
- 2 Former Ottery science technician celebrates her seventieth year
- 3 Folk festival boosted by £97K grant from Culture Recovery Fund
- 4 Different species of deer are part of our wildlife inheritance
- 5 Confidence grows for return of traditional high street
- 6 Sidmouth Youth Centre on a mission to help feed families
- 7 Hayman's Butchers 'had been my life' - Stewart Hayman
- 8 Around the sitting room in 80 days with the amazing Diana, 98
- 9 Stepping out for charity in honour of Sir Captain Tom's legacy
- 10 It's our time to share our fortune and 'do our bit' as we start to re-open